An exciting opportunity has arisen, for a senior lawyer / legal counsel to join a group of companies delivering a wide range of corporate and business services to igaming B2B and B2C-companies.
The company offers legal and compliance assistance, tax and financial advice, as well as guidance with regards to operations, funding, investment & M&As.
The right person for this role has vast experience of working as a lawyer in igaming, and is known to their peers as resourceful, dependable, and diligent.
Role & Responsibilities
- Draft, review and negotiate compliant contracts with games and PSPs, and other suppliers
- Review the Company's legal documentation
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to the Management, especially on contract management
- Provide support and legal advice in relation to corporate matters, and on matters relating to intellectual property rights, data protection, general commercial and contract law matters and dispute resolution
- Participate in the preparation of guidance and organizational documents of the Company's Group (guidelines, rules, work procedures, etc.). Review and advise the Management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by keeping abreast of regulatory developments; systematically creating, updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals in conjunction with Management
- Assist with changes to the corporate structure
- Ensure smooth process for licensing and certification process in all jurisdictions
- Conduct legal research, preparing memoranda or legal analyses for internal purposes, offer advice on matters relating to intellectual property rights, data protection, general commercial and contract law matters and dispute resolution mitigation of potential risk and/or compliance with relevant laws and regulations
Skills, experience, and education
- LLM or other Law degree
- A minimum of 5 years of working as a lawyer within the igaming industry, either in-house or with a CSP.
- Knowledge of and proven experience in the following areas of law: iGaming, IT and software licensing; Contract and Commercial laws,Data Privacy, Corporate
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Savvy (software, hardware, internet-related)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills
This role is based in Malta, EU, min 3 days at the office, up to 2 remote
Salary €55-70K depending on experience, but the bracket is open to negotion for the right candidate.
A wide range of benefits, incl health insurance, wellbeing benefit, professional development budget per employee, and much more offered.
Apply with your CV in English + relevant references
*JobMatchingPartner Limited is a recruitment agency licenced in Malta, EU. We act on behalf of numerous clients based in Malta and elsewhere. JobMatchingPartner does not share your personal details with any third party without your written consent