An innovative software enterprise, specializing in versatile code applicable across various industries, is in search of two highly proficient Senior Python Software Engineers to spearhead the development, construction, and maintenance of an advanced Python library for machine learning. As a member of this team of accomplished and motivated engineers, you will have the opportunity to apply your exceptional knowledge and expertise to our ongoing development project. The company values a culture of excellence and perpetual growth, teamwork, and individual empowerment.
The work environment allows and challenges team members to think outside the box, take risks, learn from failure, and continually strive to exceed their limitations. They firmly believe in the principle that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyzing, extracting, and translating user, business, and technical requirements
- Designing and implementing innovative solutions to meet those requirements
- Documenting and communicating concepts and solutions effectively in English
- Taking end-to-end ownership of tasks
- Reviewing team code and proactively suggesting improvements to elevate code quality and engineering best practices
- Supporting and integrating your teammates' work and providing mentorship to help the team excel
- Cultivating a culture of collaboration, experimentation, and innovation, ensuring everyone has the necessary tools and support to thrive
Education, Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Python Developer with a proven track record of delivering high-quality code
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Artificial Intelligence, ICT, Computer Science, Statistics, Software Engineering, or an equivalent technical subject; or 10 years of working experience with an extended portfolio of relevant AI/ML projects
- Astute communication skills in English, written and spoken (C1 level min)
- Exceptional analytical skills to identify potential challenges and devise clear and practical solutions
- Experience using Python ML frameworks/libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or/and Scikit-learn
- Proficiency and experience using Pandas, NumPy, and/or other data handling and statistical analysis tools
- Adept at data engineering and processing tools, like PySpark
- Experience in testing, writing meaningful automated tests, and debugging to create reliable and robust systems
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git, Gitflow)
- Familiarity of build automation and CI tools (e.g., CircleCi, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Experience with cloud technologies like DataBricks, AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- An organized, driven, and results-oriented mindset, with a natural ability to inspire and technically mentor others
- Excellent communication skills, adept at explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Organized, driven to excel, and neither afraid to help nor ask for help
Extended wish list of tech skills
- A code portfolio showcasing your public projects or contributions, including at least one example of an AI/ML project (ideally commercial or open-source)
- A background in architecting, designing, building, and maintaining SDKs or libraries
- Experience with handling tabular datasets, especially those containing financial or e-commerce transactional data
- Experience with recommendation or matching systems
- Experience with MLOps tools, such as MLFlow
- Knowledge of convolutional networks, vector embeddings, or transformers.
Salary up to €60K depending on previous experience.
The company offers a culture of learning, experimentation, and innovation, with the support and resources you need to grow and succeed.
Additionally, they offer flexible work arrangements that can be tailored to your lifestyle, including the option to work remotely, in the office, or hybrid.
The company also provides health insurance coverage and a wellness allowance for sports and gym activities.
Apply with your detailed CV in English + a portfolio / show contributions to existing work.
This role is offered as full-time employment in Malta, with flexible hours and hybrid/remote work placement.
*JobMatchingPartner doesn't share your personal data with any third party without your written consent.