A multijurisdictional igaming operator with multiple casino and sportsbetting-brands is looking for a Director of Legal to take charge of and lead the Legal and Compliance departments for the business. The right person for this will possess strong business acumen, have a strategic mindset, and a proven track-record within a legal leadership role in igaming B2C.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take complete ownership of all matters relating to risk, legal and regulatory compliance
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy
- Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant various governmental bodies and regulatory authorities
- Participate in the development and growth of the business with proactive advice and initiatives designed to support a variety of commercial goals
- Lead licensing processes if/when the company enters new jurisdictions and assist and advice the senior management team with local compliance and regulatory issues
- Lead internal teams and manage relationship with external legal advisors on jurisdiction-specific matters, including litigation, enforcement and license applications
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts with high degree of efficiency, attention to detail and commercially appropriate risk management
- Contribute to training of the team and other stakeholders and to build up legal know-how within the business
- Provide advice on and handling all corporate company structure matters
WHO ARE YOU?
- LLM witin EU or the UK + min 4 years’ PQE preferably with experience within igaming (min 2 years in B2C)
- Proven experience in drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts
- Proactive and result-oriented, with excellent project management skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- The ability and willingness to be involved and take the lead in different projects
- Start-up and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong business acumen, and excellent understanding of delivering to meet KPIs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional work-ethics
Salary of €70-100K + benefits offered.
This role is based in Malta, EU, and is offered full time on a hybrid-remote basis (2 days at home, 3 days at the office weekly) as and when it works in conjunction business requirements.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by the 21 July 2003.
*JobMatchingPartner Limited is a recruitment agency licenced in Malta, EU. We act on behalf of numerous clients based in Malta and elsewhere. JobMatchingPartner does not share your personal details with any third party without your written consent